So today I went to Cupertino High School for the IDC Exchange, and besides the fact that Alex FREAKING Iremazde forgot to turn in his form, it was a real eye opener. To my surprise, Tino only has 1,800 kids compared to our fricken 2,400 at MV. My host, Bianca, was so friendly and welcoming and as she took me through her regular high school day, I sort of felt like I was in middle school again (which by no means is an insult). Middle school days were legit :). They were packed with stress-free days, laid-back teachers, and a genuine family feel amongst the student body: The exact impression I received from Tino today. Kids there felt comfortable to express themselves in their own individual way without having to fear acceptance by their peers. Every class I attended seemed so diverse, and the teachers were so…for a lack of a better word: CUTE! I really wonder what it would be like to go to Tino, but then again there are things at Monta Vista that I definitely love and will miss in the future. But it’s amazing how the city of Cupertino can have such a split personality. How you can be raised so differently in this one town. And how much of an impact your high school has on your character.
Well anyways, like they say, the grass is always greener on the other side. Rally next Friday!
Tino was definitely awesome and it was great to see people again after almost three whole years! It was amazing to see the school spirit, instead of just class spirit. I can’t wait to go again next year, and I hope some Tino kids come to the Monta Vista exchange :)
On another note, I need to start writing my own posts and not just reblog off others all the time…
- I can’t think the words, “I’m tired,” without being reminded of “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest,” mentally-ill people, and train track managers. This has successfully lowered the amount of complaining I do.
- I do not eat cats. Trufax.
- I think a certain frenchman is trying to make a voodoo doll of me, considering the fact that I was unceremoniously robbed of a hair in Mathematics yesterday.
- Voodoo dolls wouldn’t be able to stop me even if I did eat cats.
- I finally did download Portal yesterday - thank you Steam Support!
- Support people are now secretly my heroes.
- I need to find a balance between mouse sensitivity and resolution, or else GLADoS starts skipping.
- I’m pretty sure GLaDOS isn’t supposed to sound like a broken record - though it does make her mildly more scary and much more annoying.
- For future reference: GLaDOS lies.
- The last time I played a computer video game before “Portal “was “Neverhood.”
- When I tell people that, they look at me in mild disappointment.
- Yes, they’re game-savvy people, but I honestly doubt they know what Neverhood is.
- Neverhood is the most awesome claymation game to exist. Ever. Trufax.
- I enjoy sailboats.
- Especially if they have an odd number of sails, and therefore, tilt.
- “Aqui’s” is a fantastic restaurant.
- Sometimes, my cat sticks her head in the tissue box. I have a moral dilemma when I wonder how long I can enjoy a box-head cat without feeling bad for not helping her get it off her head.
- I finally got tips on how to prove to moo that a H-O-O-O molecule can’t exist, and neither should it be called Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Can’t wait for Kriti darling, who I’m hosting on Friday.
- No one seems to care that our class color for that rally is green.
- I wouldn’t have either if it wasn’t for Krits.
- There she goes, inspiring school spirit even outside of her own school.
- Remind me to tell you anecdotes about Tech Support people later. My father is a treasure trove.
- I’m trying to draw things with shapey lines.
I can’t wait for tomorrow either!
So psyched :)
- -Yelena and Niki are doing yearbook business-
- Neha: When you guys walk like that, you look like Holmes and Watson.
- Yelena: Who's Holmes?
- Neha: Niki.
- Yelena: Why?
- Neha: You're shorter. You're Watson.
- Yelena: ... There's a better way to solve this. Who would be more likely to do crack? They're Holmes.
- Yelena: Yeah. Still Watson. But feeling better about it.
- Oh, I miss you guys : )